To celebrate Books and Hot Chocolate’s latest follower milestone, I decided to hold a mini giveaway featuring the books I’ve read and re-read so far this first half of the year :)
- Must be following booksandhotchocolate (this is exclusive for my followers only)
- Reblog and like for a chance to win. You can reblog several times but please don’t spam your followers. NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS.
- There will be three winners getting one book each.
- Winners may choose ANY book written by any of the authors featured above.
- Books may be hardcover or paperback but must be under $20 (Canadian dollars)
- This will be available worldwide (wherever) The Book Depository ships.
- You must be willing to give your shipping address away to me.
- The winners will be randomly chosen through a random number generator
- Keep your ask box open so I can contact you if you win. The winners have 24 hours to reply back to me via messaging (NOT fan mail)
- The giveaway ends August 5th, 2014
- If you have any questions ask me here (I will not answer anon questions)
"We’re not our masks and we need people in our lives who don’t wear one”
"I am a little surprised about how much the Bellamy-Clarke thing has taken off.[…] It certainly wasn’t a relationship that we were writing towards in the beginning of the season and it’s not one we’re writing towards now frankly."
#looks like Bob and Eliza didn’t get the memo
♥ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATHILDE! ♥
you wanted a SPIES AU, so here it is, darling.[Caroline, Hayley, Rebekah, Elena, Bonnie; The Originals; ensemble; some K/C] + 15k words
Hayley says, “Nobody could have anticipated this. We weren’t made or anything. In and out clean. The miniscule detail that we kind of kidnapped a government operative is just going to have to blow ov—”
“Not a government operative,” Rebekah interrupts. A pause, a sheepish admission. “My family is evil.”
Elena, patron saint of disbelief, asks, “What do you mean evil?”
“Like Refuse-to-pay-taxes evil? Assign-their-daughter-to-infiltrate-spy-school evil?” As soon as Bonnie says this everyone’s immediately on their feet, not exactly crowding Rebekah, but not giving much space to move should she choose to run either. Caroline hopes she doesn’t run. While fighting in stilettos had come in handy - what with their sharp points and ability to pierce the most tender of body parts - they also gave her a shitload of blisters, and imagine the mess if they burst untimely.
“No,” Rebekah says mournfully. She doesn’t even look offended that they’re eyeing her like she might be like, a double agent. Or something.
“What, No, they pay taxes or No, I’m not a double agent?” Caroline demands.
“I’m not a double agent,” Rebekah snaps, scowling. “My family’s just evil. They steal for sport, they kill for power. Other than that they’re pretty good citizens. No overdue mortgages. Finn goes to church on Sundays. And I’m pretty sure they pay taxes.”